Well done for the fantastic work you are doing at home!
- Write a set of instructions/recipe based on something you cook at home.
- Weighing and measuring - make a cake or similar
- Measure the height of family members - compare feet sizes
- Re-tell a traditional tale (fairy tale). Write the story in your own words.
- Go on a bug hunt in your garden and draw/write about what you find.
- Practice your phonics - click here
- Practice Year 1 phonic tests - click here
Schoolreaders, who provide free volunteers to listen to children read they have arranged for some volunteers to do reading videos instead.
The ravenous beast is hungry; he’s hungry, hungry, hungry. But is he the hungriest animal of all! Reading age: 5+
If one is a snail and two is a person, we must be counting by feet! Reading age: 3+
A book about the power of sharing. George says the cardboard house is his and no one else can share it. Reading age: 5+
Optional activities to accompany each story can be found here