For the year 2014/15 Gretton Primary Academy received £8600
How have we spent our funding?
Here at Gretton Primary Academy we have spent our allocation of funding in a variety of ways.
- Training staff – Sports coaches have worked alongside our staff to develop their knowledge and skills in teaching P.E. Our staff have attended various training courses to improve their skills at delivering PE & sport to our pupils. The courses they have attended include Archery, Gymnastics for the petrified and specialist EYFS PE training. We have also purchased a whole new library of PE books that the teachers can access to try and make PE lessons more varied and interesting.
- Transport –Transport has been used for Swimming, county wide events such as archery, events such as these have increased our pupils confidence and gave them a sense of achieving.
- Equipment – We have recently purchased some gymnastics equipment and archery equipment, to enable the children to develop their skills in these areas. We have also been able to replace the majority of our playground equipment to encourage the children to keep active and have fun throughout their playtimes.
- Sports coaching – The children have also had the opportunity to try out new skills as we brought in some specialist sports coaches to teach the children, Tag Rugby, Multi Skills, Netball, Basketball, Tennis and Fencing. This was a great opportunity for the children to try out some more unusual sports.
- School clubs – With the combination of the new equipment and staff training, we have been able to offer some sports clubs to the pupils, our most popular one being Archery. For two lunchtimes a week, Sports coaches are out on the playground encouraging children to participate in sporting activities.
- Inter-school tournaments – As we are only a small village primary, we feel that it is important for our pupils to take part in inter-county tournament and competitions. We therefore buy into the Corby, Oundle & Thrapston Sports partnership to keep informed and take part in inter-school competitions and tournaments. So far Gretton Primary Academy has participated in various tournaments including – Rugby, Swimming, Netball, Archery, Football and Cricket. We are also taking part in a KS1 tournament in the spring 2015.
Impact of sports premium spending.
All teachers have benefited from working alongside an experienced sports coach to up skill their PE teaching.
This year we have seen increased participation in afterschool sports club, with 75 pupils taking part in various clubs such as Archery, Gymnastics, Street Dance, Football and Basketball throughout the year.
We have entered more inter school tournaments than in previous years and involved children from years 2 to 6 in these competitions.