Gretton is a warm, welcoming community. Pupils feel safe and well cared for. Ofsted 2020
It is our aim and ambition:
- To build children’s self-belief and self-esteem so that they can hold their heads up high
- To put the children at the centre of everything we do
- To encourage children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle
- To push towards high academic achievement and ensure that children reach their full potential
- To celebrate success so that children are proud of their achievements
- To notice, value and cherish all our pupils
- To foster trusting and collaborative relationships with parents and the community
- To provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment
- To develop independent learners and lively enquiring minds
- To value ourselves and others around us
- To inspire a love of learning
- To provide a creative curriculum which motivates, challenges and inspires a love of learning in the pupils
The school’s values help pupils know the difference between right and wrong.
Ofsted March report 2020
The school holds the silver Eco award for recognition of the amount of environmental activities it does. Our Eco Committee help the whole school to develop a good understanding of how to look after their world for the future. We also have an active School Council where we have regular meetings and talk about any issues that the children wish to bring up.
All of this exciting activity takes place within our historic 100-year-old building surrounded by a playground which is frequently a hive of activity, with equipment helping to develop imaginative play by the children (and the lunchtime supervisors!) during breaktime. Beyond the playground is our unique orchard which has a trim trail, gazebo, willow tunnel, and flower beds. The Parents' Association and some very talented parents have helped to develop a new creative space for story telling and imaginative play.
Throughout all of this, our pupils achieve consistently high standards in English and Maths by the time they leave at the end of Year 6. If you would like to find out more about the team's approach to learning in the school then please have a look around the rest of the website or even better contact us and visit the school for yourself.