What is the Local Offer?
Local Offer publishes services available for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities.
What does the Local Offer do?
The Local Offer:
- Improves choice and transparency for families
- Helps professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally
- Improves joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
- We are working together with children and young people, parents and carers and with local services, including the voluntary and community sector, to develop our offer and keep it under review. The Shooting Stars group support the Local Offer with advice and guidance and proof read our easy read guides.
If you would like to be involved then please contact us by emailing LocalOffer@northamptonshire.gov.uk
What does the Local Offer cover?
- Special educational provision
- Health provision
- Social care provision
- Other educational provision
- Training provision
- Arrangements for children and young people to travel to schools, colleges and early years education
- Leisure and sports opportunities
- Preparing for adulthood information